The Saturday before US Labor Day has been informally designated as International Bacon Day, celebrated in the United States, Canada, and even Japan! As this tasty tradition spreads, here are a few free crochet bacon treats to help you celebrate!
- Bacon and Eggs Pillow - This one is familiar to all you long time moogly fans! The original went off to a cancer benefit auction, but the pattern remains for all!
- Bacon and Eggs Skillet Potholder from This Crafting Life - Try not to get the potholder mixed up with the pan! (And though you've heard me say it before, I'll say it again - no acrylic on potholders and trivets!!)
- Bacon Baby Blanket 2.0 from Crochet Dynamite - Too funny! Start 'em early with a giant dose warm, cuddly crochet bacon! The texture on this one is great!
- Bacon Scarf by Holly Oyster - This free Ravelry download is soft, fuzzy, and a delicious use of that crazy novelty eyelash yarn! And somehow, yes, it still looks like bacon!
- Crochet Breakfast by Bean Sprout Creations - Let them play with their food! Their play crocheted food, that is. This fun set includes toast, an egg, and a nice big slice of what else... bacon! Don't need play food? I can see these as great dishcloths too!
That's it for today! I'm off to start my 3 day weekend, and batten down the hatches for the impending big storm (remnants of Isaac, expected any moment now). Hope you all have a great weekend filled with yarny goodness and, for those who indulge, lots and lots of bacon!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, sneak peeks, and more! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and now Tumblr – come join the fun! TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com