Earlier I shared 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Dog Lovers - and now it's time for things the dogs themselves can enjoy! Remember - dogs are all different, and not every toy will be appropriate for every dog. Stuffed toys in particular require supervision - or just try leaving them unstuffed, like the flat ones you see in stores. I know my pooch enjoys those too! And if you don't have a dog on your gift list, some of these would also be popular with kids!
10 Free Crochet Patterns for Dogs
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Sausage Links by Sarah Boccolucci, on Tots and Bottoms Blog: She might have designed these for her kids, but I know fur babies would love them too!
- Frisbee Dog Toy by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: Sara is the Queen of doggy patterns! She really does pamper her pooches!
- Mallard Duck Toy by Didde, on Cand.Selv: My dog would love to get his paws on one of these! English instructions are in the second half of the blog post!
- Tug of War Dog Toy by Maz Kwok, on Be A Crafter xD: Every dog's favorite game!
- Dog's Squeaky Ball by Rebecca Sider, on Ravelry: Some of us might leave out the squeaker, but either way it'll be a hit!
- Crochet Giant Turkey Leg Dog Toy by Christine Johnson, on Stitchin' the Night Away: Nom nom woof! Too fun!
- Go Green Recycled Crinkle Dog Toy by Lauren Savidge, on Knit a Bit, Crochet Away, via the Internet Archive: I love the DIY recycling in this one! And crinkle toys are so popular!
- Dog-gone Dog Bone by Ginny Blankenship, on Sunflowers at Home: A classic that's sure to please!
- Clip-On Poo Bag Keeper by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: Ok, so this one isn't for the dogs to use directly (though it certainly get some use!) but it's too good to leave out! As is #10...
- Dog Bone Christmas Stocking by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: Whether you let the dog play with the stocking or not, it's bound to catch their eye - and nose! - when you fill it with treats!
And that's it for this collection! I hope you found something here to crochet for your dog. If you're more of a cat person, be sure to check out the Cat Crochet Collection. And either way, you might want to click on the image below for a free Craftsy class on drawing your very own pets!