Earlier I shared 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Dog Lovers - and now it's time for things the dogs themselves can enjoy! Remember - dogs are all different, and not every toy will be appropriate for every dog. Stuffed toys in particular require supervision - or just try leaving them unstuffed, like the flat ones you see in stores. I know my pooch enjoys those too! And if you don't have a dog on your gift list, some of these would also be popular with kids!
10 Free Crochet Patterns for Dogs
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Sausage Links by Sarah Boccolucci, on Tots and Bottoms Blog: She might have designed these for her kids, but I know fur babies would love them too!
- Frisbee Dog Toy by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: Sara is the Queen of doggy patterns! She really does pamper her pooches!
- Mallard Duck Toy by Didde, on Cand.Selv: My dog would love to get his paws on one of these! English instructions are in the second half of the blog post!
- Tug of War Dog Toy by Maz Kwok, on Be A Crafter xD: Every dog's favorite game!
- Dog's Squeaky Ball by Rebecca Sider, on Ravelry: Some of us might leave out the squeaker, but either way it'll be a hit!
- Crochet Giant Turkey Leg Dog Toy by Christine Johnson, on Stitchin' the Night Away: Nom nom woof! Too fun!
- Go Green Recycled Crinkle Dog Toy by Lauren Savidge, on Knit a Bit, Crochet Away, via the Internet Archive: I love the DIY recycling in this one! And crinkle toys are so popular!
- Dog-gone Dog Bone by Ginny Blankenship, on Sunflowers at Home: A classic that's sure to please!
- Clip-On Poo Bag Keeper by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: Ok, so this one isn't for the dogs to use directly (though it certainly get some use!) but it's too good to leave out! As is #10...
- Dog Bone Christmas Stocking by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: Whether you let the dog play with the stocking or not, it's bound to catch their eye - and nose! - when you fill it with treats!
And that's it for this collection! I hope you found something here to crochet for your dog. If you're more of a cat person, be sure to check out the Cat Crochet Collection. And either way, you might want to click on the image below for a free Craftsy class on drawing your very own pets!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest and Tumblr, and sign up for the FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
Ahhhh, my pooch would chew threw all of the above, she is a big girl. I love to browse however, pretty sad that I'm dreaming for my dog!! 🙂
Mine would too, but I got so many requests I figure there must be some milder-mannered dogs out there lol. Plus the stocking and bags holder works for everyone! 🙂
Hehe...you should have seen the learning curve my poor girl had when we started spinning yarn! With all the fluffy looking skeins of yarn around the house she totally thought she had hit the jackpot for doggie toys. Took about a week before she figured out not to touch those puffs LOL.
Oh I bet! 😀
Have u consider twine not yarn? Might work
Thank you Pam!
My little miss dog may be small but she loves her toys. She will eviserate these toys almost before they hit the floor. She has so much joy playing with the toys I make her that I will crochet these up and wait for the joy to begin.
Thank you for the free dog ball pattern/ Would there be a page for some of the abbreviations I can't figure out.
Hi Laural! Here you go: https://www.mooglyblog.com/crochet-abbreviations/ 😀
Finally, a poop bag that isn't ugly or doesn't way down the leash when walking the dog! When I don't have pockets in my pants it's a hassle to keep track of the bags. I'm making this today. Thanks for all your great patterns, and instructions!
I'm so glad you like them, thank you Elaine!
The link to the Go Green Recycled Crinkle Dog Toy doesn't take you to the toy but to a yarn vending page. Is this pattern still available? My pooch would love it.
Thank you for letting me know! I found it at https://web.archive.org/web/20200321034817/http://knitabitcrochetaway.blogspot.com/2013/01/go-green-recycled-crinkle-dog-toy.html 🙂