Last week I shared my pattern for the Day at the Beach Bag - and while it's a finished project all in itself, I can't help but thing how fun it would be to add an applique! Something fishy or sea-faring... maybe you have something you'd like to add an applique to too! So for all of us, here are 10 free ocean applique crochet patterns!
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.
10 Free Ocean Appliqué Crochet Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Tiny Starfish by Cheryl Murray ILuvSandals, on Flower Girl Cottage: I love these - simple and perfect! These would look great grouped together!
- Fish Appliques by Katie Christy, on Ravelry: Two types and two sizes - I particularly love the skeleton one, too funny!
Seahorse Motif by Chinami Horiba, on Crochet a little's facebook page: You have to have a Facebook account to see this one - Like the page and you'll get access to the pattern!
Unfortunately, this pattern is no longer available. Please check out this Seahorse Applique from Jenny and Teddy that's possibly even cuter!
- Goldfish Appliqué by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: I love how much this one looks like the snack cracker - adorable!
- Crochet Crab Applique by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: I made this one for a previous market bag - love it!
- Jellyfish, Starfish and Coral Sea Creatures Appliques by JTcreations, on Ravelry: These are all just perfect!
- Crochet Water Lily Flower by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: So pretty! Great for ocean themed items... or any items at all!
- Anchor Applique by Kara Gunza, on Petals to Picots: Nothing is quite so nautical as an anchor!
- Little Skull and Crossbones Motif by Heidi Nieling, on Speckless Blog: What would the ocean be without a little piracy? Well, safer I suppose...
- Kraken Octopus Squid Applique by Tamara Kelly, on Moogly: Unleashing the Kraken since 2012!
And while it's not free, I have to include this super cute Happy Fishes Applique Pattern from Carolina Guzman of One and Two Company, available on Craftsy! It includes instructions for two sizes, and is just too too amazing!
I hope you've enjoyed this slightly fishy roundup! If you've got ideas for a roundup you'd like to see here on Moogly, let me know!
Thanks for reading! Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest and Tumblr, and sign up for the Newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
HI! I'm in the group Crochet With Us, and I mentioned a week or two ago that it seems like EVERY pattern I look for I can find on Moogly! AND I've been saving all the cute ones you've been posting lately. I've been meaning to find a way to tell you personally that you are by far my favorite and in my opinion the very best designer out here! Thank you for all your patterns! Have a great week!
😀 Thank you so much Stacie! That means a lot to me, that you'd take the time to say so like this. <3
Ha-Ha to #9 :). #s 1, 3, & 7 look like they might do well on a couple of projects I have going 🙂
I love anything to do with beach-ocean -sea cute patterns
These are awesome! I'm knitting a bag and was thinking about appliqués I could make for it, and then you posted these patterns! I just made a tiny starfish. So cute! Thank you.
😀 You're very welcome! Thank you!
i'm italian, so please forgive me for my bad english! I absolutely love everything you desing or propose, I learned a lot from your tutorials, I improved my crochet thank to you. Thanks!
Your English is great! Thank you so much! 😀
Thank you for sharing your patterns I can't wait to make these, they look awesome!
I love this seahorse pattern, but I can't figure out her diagram! Tamara would you please write it down or do a video, so those of us who are "diagram challenged" could crochet this cute little critter? It really is the best one on the web!
I'm sorry, I can't do that as it would be copyright infringement! You could contact the designer though!
Of course, my apologies...I didn't think of that!
who is the designer of the seahorse? i would love to make this also. thanks
That's #3 above - all the info is there, click on the name of the pattern to go to the pattern page! 😀
Hi.. I really like the seahorse pattern but it says that the page I wanna view is no longer available. Do u think I still get the pattern for that?
Hi Gen! The link still works for me! Perhaps it was only down temporarily?