Last week I shared my pattern for the Day at the Beach Bag - and while it's a finished project all in itself, I can't help but thing how fun it would be to add an applique! Something fishy or sea-faring... maybe you have something you'd like to add an applique to too! So for all of us, here are 10 free ocean applique crochet patterns!
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.
10 Free Ocean Appliqué Crochet Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Tiny Starfish by Cheryl Murray ILuvSandals, on Flower Girl Cottage: I love these - simple and perfect! These would look great grouped together!
- Fish Appliques by Katie Christy, on Ravelry: Two types and two sizes - I particularly love the skeleton one, too funny!
Seahorse Motif by Chinami Horiba, on Crochet a little's facebook page: You have to have a Facebook account to see this one - Like the page and you'll get access to the pattern!
Unfortunately, this pattern is no longer available. Please check out this Seahorse Applique from Jenny and Teddy that's possibly even cuter!
- Goldfish Appliqué by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: I love how much this one looks like the snack cracker - adorable!
- Crochet Crab Applique by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: I made this one for a previous market bag - love it!
- Jellyfish, Starfish and Coral Sea Creatures Appliques by JTcreations, on Ravelry: These are all just perfect!
- Crochet Water Lily Flower by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: So pretty! Great for ocean themed items... or any items at all!
- Anchor Applique by Kara Gunza, on Petals to Picots: Nothing is quite so nautical as an anchor!
- Little Skull and Crossbones Motif by Heidi Nieling, on Speckless Blog: What would the ocean be without a little piracy? Well, safer I suppose...
- Kraken Octopus Squid Applique by Tamara Kelly, on Moogly: Unleashing the Kraken since 2012!
And while it's not free, I have to include this super cute Happy Fishes Applique Pattern from Carolina Guzman of One and Two Company, available on Craftsy! It includes instructions for two sizes, and is just too too amazing!
I hope you've enjoyed this slightly fishy roundup! If you've got ideas for a roundup you'd like to see here on Moogly, let me know!