The holiday season has two great pleasures for me - crafting and baking. And crochet gingerbread is a great combo of the two! This iconic cookie has inspired dozens of tasty crafts, and here are my 12 favorite free crochet gingerbread patterns!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.
A Dozen Free Crochet Gingerbread Patterns
- Crochet Gingerbread Man Hat by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: So cute, and it includes sizes Newborn to Adult!
- Crocheted Gingerbread Man Cookie Pattern by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: Another great pattern from Sarah - love the detailing on these!
Ho Ho Celebrations Gingerbread House by Loops & Threads™ Design Team, on Michaels, via web archive: Decor that won't rot away (and is a lot easier for some of us to make look good)!Unfortunately, this pattern is no longer available. Please CLICK HERE for a great alternative!
- Gingerbread Baby Set by Tammy Hildebrand, on Yarnspirations: You're already nibbling baby's toes, now you can make the rest of him look as tasty!
- Gingerbread Man by K4TT, in Fiber Doodles: Sweet and smilie and ready for cuddles!
- Amigurumi Gingerbread Person by Lion Brand Yarn: Ready for hanging on the tree!
- Amigurumi Gingerbread House by Lion Brand Yarn: That little person needs a place to sleep!
- Little Gingerbread Boy and Girl by Elizabeth Ann White, on BellaCrochet (Blogspot): Made with thread and a tiny hook, these are the perfect appliques for your Christmas sweater or stocking!
- B’s Gingerbread Man Hat and Cocoon by Crafting ForChrist Designs, on Ravelry: So sweet, perfect for traveling to grandma's house via sleigh!
- Child's Gingerbread Boy Scarf by Debra Yorston, on Dly's Hooks and Yarns: Run as fast as you can to get this great free crochet pattern!
- Happy Gingerbread Baby by Teresa Alvarez, on Ravelry: Adorable!
- Gingerbread House by Roseanne Kropp, on Free-Crochet.com: Intense! This one will be an heirloom for sure!
They're all so tasty - with none of those pesky holiday calories to worry about! I hope you've found something here to help get the holiday crochet juices flowing - whether it's a simple present topper or ornament or a complex and detailed house to pass down to the grandkids, there is lots to love in these 12 free crochet gingerbread patterns.
Which one is your favorite? Is there one I missed that you think should've made the list? Add your thoughts in the comments!
Thanks for reading! Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, and sign up for the Newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing!
Thank you very much for featuring one of my patterns. I hope your readers like it. 🙂
😀 Thanks for sharing it Debi!
I can not for the life of me find the Michael's Gingerbread House pattern. Can you help with a direct link. Thanks
Hi Fran! They moved it, now it's only available via web archive - I've updated the link. You have to scroll way way down the page to find it though.
Love all those patterns. It's so hot here in Oz at Christmas so thought the house would be cute to make.
When I click on the gingerbread house link it doesn't work.
Is there another link you could send me please?
Thanks so much
I'm sorry, it looks like Michaels has removed all access to that pattern. 🙁 I'll see if I can find a replacement!