Usually when a crocheter hears the word "frog" they think of pulling out stitches (rippit, rippit!), and undoing minutes, if not hours of work - not a fun thing! While frogs are usually slimy, (or for yarn-users tragic), today's roundup features a far friendlier bit of frogging - crochet frog patterns! And they're all free!
(Disclaimer: post includes affiliate links)
10 12 Free Crochet Frog Patterns
- Tree Frog by Brigitte Read, on Roman Sock: It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to I think this one might be it! It's the perfect blend of realism and cute!
- 0-3 Month Frog Hat by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: So adorable! Love the eyes on this one!
- Ovetti amigurumi by airali handmade, a Ravelry download: Offered in both Italian and English, these are too cute - and great for hiding gifts and treats for kids! The frog is amazing - as are the rest of the creatures!
- Frog Bib by Lion Brand Yarn: A fun project for a sweet baby - I can see a whole set of these with different features and colors as a gift set!
- Frog Dissection 101 by Helen Fey, a Ravelry download: This one isn't cute, but it's very cool! Educational AND animal friendly! And definitely not your grandma's crochet!
- Frog Backpack by Lily / Sugar'n Cream: This one is too fun for little (and big) frog fans! Put that big mouth to work!
- Crochet Frog Hat, on Repeat Crafter Me: This one is for Newborn to Adults! (The hat originally shown here is no longer available.)
- Bernat Fiona the Frog Pillow by Yarnspirations: Pillow animals are a hot gift for kids! (The pillow originally shown is no longer available.)
- Ami baskets - panda, piggy and frog by Handy Kitty, a Ravelry download: I love all these little guys! So handy too!
- Happy Frog by Suzielah Rahmad, on mindnsoul: Funny and cartoony, and very popular!
- Cartoon Frog Toy, on Yarnspirations: This crochet frog toy is a great introduction to the art of amigurumi!
- Croak-chet Frog Beret, on Yarnspirations: Delight your child with this topper that's perfect for wandering across the forest and the playground!
Does one of these patterns have you jumping up to grab some yarn and a hook? Possibly the most popular crochet frog out right now is Tomato the Frog by Heidi Bears - love those African Flowers! What's your favorite frog pattern? Share it in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and on TikTok and Instagram @mooglyblog – come join the fun! TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.
Thanks for all the links! This month is my mother-in-law's birthday and she is a huge fan of frogs, maybe I'll crochet for her.
i am trying to find rhe frog pattern for ward the frog crochet pattern i used to have it but had a house fire and lost all my patterns i am wanting to get the pattern if i can it is an older pattern i sure wou;d like to have a pattern if you know how i can get a copy please let me know
Hi Lola! Sorry to hear of your troubles! I'm afraid I can't find any record of a pattern for "Ward the Frog," I'm sorry!
I need a not so cutesy frog applique to go on my waterlily afghan...still searching! Thanks for the dissected frog link, that's going to a friend in nursing school!
Hm, tough one! The only frog appliques I've seen are definitely cute! I'll keep my eyes peeled though!
This one is probably the closest: http://www.craftumi.com.au/detail.asp?id=25290
WOW~!..Can i get a video!..please!..i love your creativity! ♥♥
wow!..please add a video too!♥
None of these patterns are mine - I'm afraid I cannot make videos of others' patterns as that would violate copyright. You'll need to contact the designers of these patterns for videos. 🙂
Super beau modèles avec des chouette idées merci
Crochet Frog Hat [and other patterns]
I accept i'm probably very dim, but the only download i can see is to convert a doc to pdf. Could you tell me please where is the link to download the pattern as a pdf. Many thx Gill
I have been trying to print the frog pillow pattern but I just cant get tit, can you tell me what I am doing wrong
Hi Judy! It's very hard to say, I'd try going to PrintFriendly.com and putting the URL in there.
I tryed to get the frog backpack pattern.but the page wont load? Help
Thank you so much for letting me know! I've updated it to the new link - have a great day! ♥
The Huggable Frog Pillow link does not work.
Oh gosh, it looks like that pattern is no longer available. 🙁 I am putting in a new one though to replace it!