I think when most people think of crochet thread, they think of doilies. And doilies are very pretty - the skill needed to make them is impressive. But what else can you do with thread? The answer is: a lot! Too much to cover in one roundup. (I tried and it was getting out of hand!) Today I want to show you beautiful crochet earrings, all made with crochet thread. They are a great quick accessory to make for yourself, and they also make a charming and thoughtful gift! Here are 10 of the best patterns I've seen.
10 Crochet Earrings Patterns:
- Crochet Day of the Dead Sugar Skull Earrings by Spider Mambo, a Ravelry download: Crochet skulls are really big right now - here's a great way to try them out (and in plenty of time for Halloween!).
- Simple Peacock Earrings by Charlotte W., on NyanPon's Knits and Crochet: These are amazing to me! So eyecatching!
- Dainty Earrings by Julie A. Bolduc, on JPF Crochet Club: I love wearing earrings with this shape - so flattering!
- TINY Dragonfly Earrings by Kat Miller, on Blue Iris Learning Center: Dragonflies are another popular motif - these are lovely!
- Large Royal Earrings by Jessica Zeltner, on Living the Craft Life: Beautiful and unique - these are very popular!
- Silk Crochet Circular Washer Earrings by Julia Tellier, on Jtellier An Artisan's View: Crocheted around actual chrome washers for extra sparkle!
- Simple Snowflake Earrings by Joyce (YuLian) Yu, a Ravelry download: Ready to think about the holiday season yet? Or just try to think cool thoughts? So festive!
- Flower Power Earrings by Diva Stitches Crochet: For the hippies, the flower children, and those who like to think spring!
- Crochet Beaded Hoop Earrings by CrochetCauldron: Love these, so subtle but beautiful!
- Circle Flower Hoops by LaKeesha Fradella, a Ravelry download: Big and bold - statement earrings that shout out your love of crochet!
There is a free pattern for crochet earrings here on Moogly too - Timeless Crochet Earrings. Have you crocheted earrings with thread before? What else do you like to make with thread? Share your thoughts and links in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.
Wonderful collection of crocheted earrings, I can't wait to make some of these beautiful designs
Thank you Julia!
I find your blog fascinating!! I love all the patterns and tutorials you post. I am thankful for all the time that you put in to finding the patterns and creating the tutorials! We readers really are blessed to have a dedicated blogger like you to help us brighten and bring color to our day.
Now that I know these earrings exist, I am definitely going to have make some for Christmas gifts. Thank you for all you do!
😀 Thank you so much Erica! I really appreciate it!
Ooh, where to start?!
they all are beautiful!..so please can you make a video for any ONE of 'em?..please!..i ♥ it!
Only the one that's my own pattern I'm afraid - the rest would be violating copyright!
Oh!..ok fine!..i understand ;)!..hahah!..no problem..♥
I can't wait to make those earrings!..they are out standing!..Tamara!..i love eyour collections!..please make a VIDEO tutorial for your biggest fan 😉 ♥
I can't wait to make those earrings!..they are out standing!..Tamara!..i love your collections!..please make a VIDEO tutorial for your biggest fan 😉 ♥
Hi, I am Spider Mambo on Ravelry. If you would like to make a video of how to make my skull earrings...I will be happy to give my permission.
Exciting! I'll have to add it to my to-do list! 😀 Thank you Laurie!
The Black crochet beaded earrings posts that there is a free pattern to be had. I have checked all over and have not found that one earring that I would like the pattern for. Is it still available.
Sorry about that Theresa, the link somehow got re-routed. Here's a direct link (I'll edit the post in a moment): http://crochetcauldron.blogspot.com/2013/10/free-crochet-pattern-1.html
Ohhhh those peacock I must try them!