Our forest friends are more popular than ever! There are dozens of owl patterns out there, but I’ve noticed a slowly growing trend toward the crochet fox. Sleek, agile, and sly, these comely creatures are working their way into the world of crochet. So here are 7 fantastic free patterns, and 3 hot patterns that are available for purchase – and they look like they’re worth it!
7 Free Crochet Fox Patterns
- Foxy PJ Pillow, on Yarnspirations: This would look great in any bedroom, and with a built in PJ pocket it’s practical too!
- Fox Amigurumi by Nimoe GaladNimoe’s blog: So cute! Perfectly stitched and balanced, this is a great looking fox!
- Fox Bag by Birgit Tüchsen, on ByNumber19: I love this felted bag! Very clever design.
- Stupid Fox by Alicia Dennett, on Ravelry Downloads: This charted pattern is super cute! It’s not a stitch chart, but a tapestry style chart – so you could make a baby blanket with worsted, a purse with thread, or a big blanket by going double stranded! It’s all up to you!
- Crochet Fox Hat by Amy LehmanCrochet Creative Creations: This fox hat pattern includes instructions for everyone newborn to adult!
- My Foxy Valentine by Emma VarnamEmma Varnam: I love the shaping on this little fox’s face – and the secret message he carries with his tail!
- Little Fox by Samantha J. Montgomery Delight*full Designs: This sweet little crocheted fox fits in the palm of your hand!
3 Paid Crochet Fox Patterns
- Fox Scarf Crochet Pattern by Bees Knees Knitting, $6.00 Ravelry download: This pattern is just genius! And she’s written this sort of scarf pattern up for all sorts of animals, including reindeer, raccoon, and panda. I love the fox and raccoon best myself.
- Crocheted Fox Scarf – Hat (Scat) Pattern by Louis Mensinger, $5.00 Ravelry download: The scarf is part of the hat, coming down from the crown to wrap around your neck. I love the way this comes together.
- Foxy Beanie by Briana Olsen, $4.50 Ravelry download: I’m in love with the expressive eyes on this hat. Great texture too, and it’s available in several sizes!
So what do you think? Are foxes the new owls? Or does the owl rein supreme while foxes lurk around in the bushes? Have you made a crochet fox pattern before? Spread the news and share in the comments!