My sister, my daughter, my friends - Doctor Who fanatics are everywhere, and it's a fandom that's growing every year. I'll admit I've watched rather a few episodes myself. This BBC show has been on (and off... and on) since 1963, and appeals to children and adults alike. So of course, there's plenty of Doctor Who crochet out there! Today I've gathered 10 of the best free Doctor Who crochet patterns out there in one place - try not to squeal too loudly!
10 Free Doctor Who Crochet Patterns:
- Mini Doctor Whos by Nyss Parkes, a Ravelry download: Patterns for the basic body and embellishments to make all eleven Doctors are included! Fantastic!
- Weeping Angel Statue by Shirley MacDonald, a Ravelry download: Who would the Doctor be without a few nemeses? This one is cute, but don't blink!
- Dalek Egg Cosy by Ellie Skene, a Ravelry download: Egg-sterminate! Or add a little circle to the bottom to make a plushie - your choice!
- Amigurumi "Fat" Baby by Jennifer Christensen, a Ravelry download: Who could be opposed to a little adipose when it looks like this? Adorable!
- TARDIS Bag by Jessica Evans, on The Happy Hooker Blog: Disclaimer - probably not bigger on the inside!
- Crochet TARDIS Hat by Acquanetta Ferguson, on Olive and Brook: Wearing it won't give you telepathic translations of everything said around you, but odds are you'll hear from some fellow fans!
- Fez Toilet Paper Roll Cover by Denise Plourde, on IrishLace: Fezzes are cool. Whether or not TP cozies are cool is a matter of hot debate... But they are a perfect match!
- Dalek Hat by Lisa Murray, on Thistle Rose Studio, via Ravelry: Crochet the hat, then destroy your enemies! Or just stay warm. Be sure to click on the "Download available HERE" link to get the pattern!
- Night Sky TARDIS Scarf, by Tattiana Talahandra, on Gamer Girl Universe: Absolutely perfect yarn choices! Wear it to visit every star that ever was.
- Ood Ski Mask Crochet Pattern by Lilana Wofsey Dohnert, a Ravelry Download: We must feed... you, if you are hungry. Though you'll have to take the mask off to eat. I think.
I'm so sorry, but that's the end of this roundup. The weirdest people are the best people - and I hope that if you count yourself among the Whovians you've enjoyed all the free Doctor Who crochet patterns I've gathered here today!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.
Rounded up all of the patterns except for the Night Sky TARDIS Scarf. For some reason the link leads to a page not found page on Moogly. Can you fix the link and repost? Thanks!!!
Sorry about that - I caught it and fixed it as soon as I could. My internet is mysteriously spotty today! Should be fine now. 🙂
My 11 year old daughter and I are dedicated Whovians and I will be making the daleks, the weeping angel, and of course a few of the Doctors. Maybe even an Adipose. Cute little thing! Thanks for this! 🙂
I'm searching for a Dr. Who fez for adults crochet pattern. Cause a fez is cool.
How about an authentic vintage one? http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/hats/fez-hat-pattern.html
Or this newer version: http://thebeanpatch.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/fezs-are-cool/
Thanks, the second one is perfect. I'd seen the TP cover and the vintage before, but they weren't what my minds eye was seeing. The second one satisfys my minds eye. Thanks.
Glad I could point it out! 😀
My geek worlds collide!!! LOVE to combine the Who with crafting. I knitted a Weeping Angel dishcloth for a coworker. Can't wait to crochet one for the office!
😀 So glad you like it Shannon!
Wow i didnt know my pattern made it here! Awesomesauce!
The Night Sky TARDIS scarf was a work in progress but if people have any questions please feel free to ask. I didnt know it would make its way over here to Moogly. Thanx a ton Tamara! ** hugs**
😀 Yay! I tried to comment on your blog but it might not have gone through. I'm so glad you're pleased! It's a great scarf!
I've seen this post in my facebook and e-mail several times & every time I see "Doctors who crochet." Just wanted to share 🙂
Love this stuff thanks for sharing...ruby
Hi Tamara..please tell me what words can use for this beautiful pics?
Doctor Who is just Fun! 😀
i think that's easy fr you!..to make..after all you are the best at crochet!♥
well...you know..after reading the heading of this page i remember there is my aunt in Qatar who also use to crochet!..an' most loving thing is that i informed about moogly!..and she is now a days watching your tutorials!..i am spreading the words of moogly.....♥
😀 Thank you Marrie!
see..what I've written down side ->
oh!..come on!...why thanks?..its my pleasure!
2nd of all.....its actually good for my aunty coz she'll learn more better from your adorable and best website!..:)...♥♥♥
Glad you happy!..i love it when i see your smiley face ♥
Oh sorry...i forgot to tell you...she is doctor..that is why remember it after reading its heading ;)...
Thank you Tamara for sharing this.
Thank you for these! I'm not a very proficient crocheter, but these make me want to try harder!
Love your blog!!! one of my favourites. Not sure if anyone else is having troubles loading the Dalek hat, but everytime I click on it I get "page not found"
Thank you so much Rebecca! It looks like they moved the pattern, so I've fixed the link to the new location. 🙂 Thanks for the heads up!
My wife made an Adipose and fez each for me and my brother. We love them!
Every time I tried to get the Tardis hat pattern, I was taken to axis site. So didn't even see the pattern.
Hi Debbie! Looks like she moved the pattern to a new site about a week ago! I've updated the link with the new URL. Thank you for letting me know!