You want handmade, you want made with love. But you also might need it to be finished in just a couple evenings – or less. Or maybe you have plenty of time, but are out of yarn! Either way, this collection has the answer! Here are 20 great free holiday crochet gift patterns – all of which use 100 yds or less of yarn!
20 Free Crochet Pattern Gift Ideas Using Less Than 100 Yards of Yarn
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Simple Waves Headband and Boot Cuffs by Jennifer Ozses, on Ravelry: 70-80 yds – The “it” items in a great chevron pattern – a perfect gift set!
- The Perfect Spiral Ornament by Brittany, on B.hooked Crochet: 30-40 yds – A great gift topper or small gift with a clean modern look!
- Scarfati by Tamara Kelly, on Moogly: 98 yds – Make one or make a bunch for layering!
- Cable Stitch Dishcloths by Dedri Uys, on Look At What I Made: 71-82 yds – Perfect for the host or hostess!
- Fox Jar Cozy by Briana Olsen, on Ravelry: 50-60 yds – Foxes are all the rage this season – dress up your jarred gift with this foxy cozy!
- Flower Hair Tie by Dorothee Grall, on Ravelry: 12-16 yds – Perfect for all the little girlies on your list… make the rainbow!
- Jingle Bell Stockings by Katherine Eng, on Red Heart: 50-100 yds – Stuff them with gift cards, candy, lip balms, or cash!
- Happy Handle Coffee Cozy by Tamara Kelly, on Moogly: 22-25 yds – Can’t get much faster than 25 yds! Video tutorial included!
- Gingerbread Man Wine Topper by Yarnspirations: 28-30 yds – Make that festive bottle even more fun!
- Daisy Towel Holder by Claudia Lowman, on Delights-Gems: 18-20 yds – Pair one of these with some fun holiday towels!
- Magical Flower Child Flip Flop Basket by Pan Perkins, on Ravelry: 50-100 yds – Not much yardage, but a little more time… but worth it! So cute and clever!
- Tiny Turtle Tape Measure by Sophia Zhu, on Ravelry: 20-30 yds – Slip a new tape measure inside and delight any crafter or turtle fan!
- All Grown Up Ear Warmer by Tamara Kelly, on Moogly: 90 yds – Make it in team colors for male and female fans alike!
- Hawaiian Scarf by Kirsten Stoltzfus, on Cascade Yarns Website: 70-100 yds – For those wintering in a warmer climate, out of the polar vortex!
- Sleepy Owl Eye Mask by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: 50-100 yds – Perfect start to a mini spa set!
- Crochet Jewelry Frame by Jennifer Hansen, on Stitch Diva Studios: 50-75 yds – Use a thrifted frame for a one of a kind gift for the jewelry lover!
- “Pretty as a Picture” Frames by Lily / Sugar’n Cream, on Yarnspirations: 16-120 yds – Add the kid’s school photos for a very special gift for family!
- Holly Gift Bag by Weihnachtsfreak Daniela, on Ravelry: 70-80 yds – Makes giving those little trinkets and gift cards a little more fun!
- Gnome for the Holidays Wine Bottle Cozy by Bernat Design Studio, on Yarnspirations: 38 yds – How cute is this!? Love gnomes, especially in winter.
- Mini Elf Hat – Dog Elf Hat by Sara Sach by Posh Pooch Designs: 25-30 yds – And even if you leave Spot to the last minute, he can get in the spirit too!
I hope you found some ideas here to inspire you and get those hooks moving! If you’re looking for more fast crochet gift ideas, check out Last Minute Crochet Gifts: 30 Fast and Free Patterns to Make Now! – a list I put together a while back! Hooray for handmade holidays!