College baseball, major league baseball, little league - it's time to play ball! Whether you're headed to Stitch N' Pitch this season or supporting the home team from the couch, you can hit a home run with these 10 free patterns. The first 5 are crochet, and the second 5 are knit - something for everyone today!
So without further ado let's start rounding the bases, making a line drive.. oh let's just get on with it!
Five Free Crochet Patterns:
- Baby Baseball Hat - This pattern is available as a Ravelry download and sure to please any baseball loving mom or dad... as long as you make it in the right colors! Heck, it's a cute hat whether you're into sports or not.
- Baseball Paper Weight - This Lion Brand pattern is billed as a paper weight, perfect for a baseball fan's desk. Or leave out the plastic pellets and it makes fun toy! Heck of a lot safer for little ones who love to throw things around the living room (I know my kids aren't alone here!).
- Baseball Buddies - This is a cute free pattern on Crochetville, great for the little fans who aren't ready for the real thing!
- Baseball Potholder - This is another fun Ravelry download - that brings baseball into the kitchen! (And you can change the colors and make another one for basketball season too, ha!)
- Felted Baseball Cap - Yet another free Ravelry download, this pattern uses two strands held together for truly custom looks. I've yet to try felting myself, but this warm cap is very tempting.
Five Free Knit Patterns:
- Baseball Socks - The original pair of socks is going to be displayed at the Baseball Hall of Fame! Think of the bragging rights you get for making a pair of these!
- Candlestick Sweater - This cute sweater pattern includes instructions for sizes 3mths to 4 years, and is worked mostly in the round. Love that!
- The Baseball Washcloth - Look for the link to the pdf for this pattern in the column on the right of the blog. This one is practical, portable, and endlessly customizable.
- Knit Sox Baseball Hat - This free Ravelry download pattern is sized for adults and made in soft cotton. It does use some more advanced techniques, but the result is spot on!
- Home Run - This free baseball jersey pattern on Petite Purls is designed to impress you with both it's looks and it's durability! Offered in sizes ranging from 2T to 10, it's a nearly seamless knit.
Sometime in between the National anthem, a snack run, and the Seventh Inning Stretch, you might get itchy fingers - best to be prepared! No matter which team you're cheering for, or which craft you prefer to take on the road, I think we can all agree that crafting and baseball are two pastimes that get along just fine.