What is a crocheter without his or her hooks? These simple tools are indispensable, and deserve a nice home – when they’re not hiding in the couch! So here are 10 free patterns for crochet hook cases to keep your hooks safe and handy!
10 Free Crochet Hook Case Patterns
- Aluminum Crochet Hook Case by Priscilla Hewitt, on Priscilla’s Crochet: Holds 10 hooks, and you can add plastic canvas for stiffness!
- Star Hook Case by Alli Hyer, on Alli Crafts: A roll up case without pockets – grows right along with your collection!
- Easy Crochet Hook Case by Tiffany Roan, a Ravelry download: Love the pocket in the middle for notions and scissors!
- Leentje’s Crochet Hook Case by Marleen Hartog, a Ravelry download: Clever and useful flaps to keep everything in place. Pretty too!
- Kluster by Berroco Design Team: A felted cover keeps poke-through at bay!
- Ninja Hook Case (or not) by Justyna Kacprzak, a Ravelry download: Keep those hooks super safe in this adorable case!
- Hook Monster by Penelope Privett, on Let’s All Get Knitfaced: I can’t decide if I like this or the ninja better… good thing I have enough hooks for both!
- Colorful Carryall by Delores Spagnuolo, in Talking Crochet Newsletter: Gorgeous rainbow outside, fiberfill padding, and great storage inside!
- M&M Crochet Hook Case by Maggie McGhee, on Live to Create and Crochet Blog: Reuse and recycle a candy package into a handy hardsided travel case!
- Tower of Babel Hook Stand by Eleanor Howe, a Ravelry download: A great way to keep and display hooks at home (or office if you can get away with it)!
What do you keep your hooks in? Do you have separate storage for at home and on the go? Share your hook storage solutions in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]