Cupcakes have become an quite the trend lately - sweet, decadent, and just the right size, there are cupcake shops springing up all over. And there are dozens of crochet cupcake amigurumi and cupcake pincushion patterns out there to satisfy your hook's sweet tooth too. But that's not all - cupcake crochet patterns have been popping up all over! Here are 10 fantastic and free crochet cupcake patterns - for the house, for kids, and for your noggin!
10 Free Crochet Cupcake Patterns
- Cupcake Afghan by Roseanna E. Beck, on FaveCrafts: This clever stitch pattern creates a whole blanket-ful of tasty tasty cupcakes! So cute!
- Crochet Cupcake Purse with Cherries on Top by Debi Dearest, on Dearest Debi Blog: I love how the cherries are part of the drawstring handle!
- Cupcake Cradle Purse Pattern by Amelia Beebe, on Crochetville: This is one I've made myself - and made a little girl very happy! Great pattern for using up odds and ends too.
- How To Crochet Your Own Cupcake Garland by Twinkie Chan, on Rock 'N Roll Bride: The reigning Queen of food crochet herself designed the perfect garland for your next cupcake theme party!
- Crocheted Cupcake Coasters by Louis Mensinger, on Louie's Loops: Quick, cute, and easy - and sure to perk up any table!
- Cupcake Applique by Rachel Choi, on Crochet Spot: At just 2" x 3", this little applique would be cute on blanket, onsie, or as a fridge magnet - and anything else you can think of!
- Cupcake Beanie Hat by April Turner, on Petite Props: Offered in sizes Newborn to Adult, this sweet hat can top the whole family!
- Cupcake Bag by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart Free Website: The biggest cupcake bag of all - and it's full of charm!
- Cupcake Jar Cozy by Yarn Twins, on Yarnovations: This pint size canning jar cozy is super cute - and the free pattern comes with a jar cake recipe that looks amazing! Perfect for parties!
- Cupcake Potholders by Hannah Kaminsky, on BitterSweet: A quick and easy gift - for your favorite baker, or inspiration in your own kitchen!And here on Moogly there's the Cupcake Crockpot Cozy - perfect for taking hot dishes to potlucks and picnics. I hope you found some crochet cupcake patterns here to get you hungry for crochet time!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.
Thanks Tamara for sharing these with us, they are all so cute!
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com
😀 Thanks Julie!
The cupcake stitch? Wow, that's sweet! You're making me hungry!
Thanks for featuring my cupcake in a jar (#9). This is my all time favorite dessert! You have to give it a try and let me know what you think. =)
Thanks for including my pot holders in your round-up! I'm so happy my work is amongst these other inspiring and adorable patterns.
Tamara, These certainly are sweet! For the #3 Cupcake Cradle Purse, is that the one you said you made and if so, what brand/type/color name yarn is the Variegated Pink? I've been trying to find it without success. Sure would love your help, please! Thanks!
Hi Arlene! That was the one I made, yes! Unfortunately, that yarn was a one-off sold at Target of all places, about 10 years ago. I've never even seen it since!