Owls are clearly THE animal of the decade! I've already done two owl themed free crochet pattern roundups (here and here), but the new patterns just keep coming! So to help you stay on top of this super hot trend, here is version #3 - 10 new free crochet owl patterns!
10 (More!) Free Crochet Owl Patterns
- African Flower Owl by Johanna Harjula, a Ravelry download: The African Flower motif is hot as can be - this owl-ified version is perfect!
- Owl Stuffy by Lorene Haythorn Eppolite, on Cre8tion Crochet: This 6" tall crochet owl is perfect for littles - no beads or buttons to come off! Great for the nursery!
- Baby Owl by Little Muggles: This is the cutest little baby owl I think I've seen yet! Love those little stripes!
- Owl Cozy for Samsung Note by JOs Crocheteria, a Ravelry download: This is great inspiration for any tablet or phone cozy! So simple and effective!
- Clara's Owl Pillow by Andrea Womack, on You Never Know: Perfect touch in that woodland themed bedroom!
- Crochet Owl Blanket Lovey for a Baby by Sara McFall, on My Merry Messy Life: Lovey blankets are a fantastic gift that works up in a hurry - and this crochet owl lovey is sure to be a hit!
- Owl Mittens by Janette Williams, on The Green Dragonfly: The perfect crochet fingerless gloves for fall!
- Owl Applique by Crafts by Starlight, on Craftown.com: A simple and sweet crochet owl embellishment perfect for anything!
- Snowy White Owl by Denton Foreman, a Ravelry download: Isn't he just gorgeous! So precious!
- Crochet Owl Backpack by Sylvie Sirugue, on Inspirations Créatives: This pattern is currently only available in French, but Google translate and some work should get you there. And it looks like a nudge to the designer might make it happen too!
How much staying power do owl crochet patterns have? Whooo knows? But one thing is for sure - they're still going strong! Perfect for personal use or holiday craft fairs, own patterns are here to stay. I hope you spotted something new here in this roundup. If you've got a new owl pattern to add to the list, leave a link in the comments! Or just tell me what you think!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.
Love it. I will be adding the lovey and either the stuffy or baby owl to my to do list.
😀 Thanks Monay!
OH How I love these designs. I can't wait to get started! Thanks. I love your blog.
Thanks Amber! 😀
I just love owls!! Later this month I'll be adding an owl pattern of my own too 😀 (You can find a picture of the owls here: http://creacarmen.wordpress.com/ymotion/)
Super cute Carmen! I see the start of a 4th roundup... 😀
Sorry for the superlong delay (thesis writing) , but I finally wrote the pattern.. A different owl though, but just as cute! Find it here: http://creacarmen.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/hoot-hoot-free-crochet-pattern/
All lovely, I have been making owls like crazy for the past two weeks, mostly the owl stuffy it's so easy and of course so cute 🙂
😀 Owls do seem to have staying power!
How can i get the free crochet owl patterns ,I would love to make them
Hi Karen! Just click on the name of the pattern(s) you like - they should be blue. They're links that should take you right to each pattern! 🙂
I love number 3 best! Thanks for linking up, have a lovely rest of your week xxxx
Thank you Jannette! You too!
Very cute Owl patterns, but the last one, Backpack, the English version is not available... 🙁
It's working for me - if you click on the name of the PDF it should automatically download to your PC, and then you can open it with a PDF reader, such as Adobe.
i found this free owl pattern a while back - it's been a great source of inspiration for me...
Awesome work!!! 🙂
I was just wondering if you happen to do video tutorials as well?
Hi Natty! I have lots of video tutorials - look at the menu at the top of the page to find them! 🙂
Hi im trying to do the backpaxk pattern and im havjng trouble figuring out the whole thing can u help please tryingbto make it for my sons school backpack I am using the English version ghanks in advance
I am having trouble wiyh yhe flap part sorry
Hi Vee! I can't really give good advice for other designer's patterns, I'm sorry! You'll need to contact her directly.
Please can you tell me how to access the patterns for the owls. I am new to this.
Hi Andrea! Just click on the names of the patterns that you like to go to their pattern pages! 🙂