I know, I know… it’s July! And most places around here, it’s HOT. But as we crafty people know – winter is indeed coming (too soon!), and with it, the need for cozy, warm, squishy projects and gifts! Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick is one of my favorite super bulky yarns – you can’t beat the speed, the look, and the variety! So even though #WinterIsComing… don’t worry, #WoolIsComing too!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Lion Brand Yarn, but all opinions are my own.
This post includes affiliate links.
If you haven’t gotten the chance to try Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick before, then you’re in for a treat! It’s squishy, lofty, and the perfect easy care blend of acrylic and wool. With 85 different colorways to choose from, including prints, stripes, and metallics – where you can get a sparkly thread included! Love these!
So we have the yarn – but now we need the patterns! I’ve designed a few patterns in Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, and have more in the works for later this year! So here are some of my favorite FREE crochet patterns featuring Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick – by me, and some of my favorite designers!
10 Free Crochet Patterns made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick
(Click on the name of the pattern to go to the pattern page.)
- Celebration Wine Bag – Moogly: This is one of my favorites – love that classic white wool!
- Broadway Earwarmer – Moogly: This makes a speedy, practical, and fun stocking stuffer or emergency gift – or emergency ear warmer!
- Stormy Weather Cowl – Moogly: Just 2 balls are all you need for this pattern – and it works up in about an hour!
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick: I love this pattern so much I made a video tutorial for it! It’s so easy – a great Netflix pattern for sure!
- Long Double Crochet Cowl – All About Ami: This is such a great beginner pattern – with a very chic result!
- Crochet Sweater Boots – Make & Do Crew: Flip flops and super bulky yarn make a surprisingly great combo!
- Simple Starlight Shrug – One Dog Woof: Doesn’t this just look like the coziest thing you could wear this winter?
- 30 Minute Beginner Crochet Slouchy Hat – Sewrella: Easy stitches, big yarn – it really is a great first hat!
- Snap! I Lost My Hat – Oombawka Design: If you’ve already got the basics, this is the next one to make – love that button!
- Columbia Chevron Super Scarf – Two of Wands: Chevrons AND pompoms – it’s all fantastic!
I also used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick when designing one of the projects for my book, Quick Crochet for the Home: the Faux Cabled Throw! But you’ll have to buy the book for that one, I’m afraid…
So the next time you spot Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick at the store, why not grab a couple extra skeins? There are so many great patterns just waiting – I’m sure you’ll find something amazing to make with it!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr! And sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for sponsoring this post.