I’m surrounded by superhero fans! And if you’ve seen what movies are out there lately… there’s no denying it, superheroes are here to stay. So let’s start a mighty week then with a roundup of some of the best free superhero knit and crochet patterns I can find!
- Superhero Dream Catcher Afghan, especially for Spiderman Fans, by Stitch ‘n Frog (and she includes the link to a knit version too!) – the round ripple just begs for this treatment! And you can do a black version for Venom too.
- Super Hero Logo Charts, by The Happy Hooker Blog – this crocheter has charted nearly all the big ones! She’s got Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man, Captain America, The Flash, and many more.
- Autobot and Decepticon Logo Charts, by Lytessa – this knitter provide yet more to choose from! She’s got a whole list of free charts listed on her blog!
- Zsa Mask, by Elza D. – I’ve seen pictures of these made up in all sorts of colors, with superhero logos added, as well as in plain colors (roll up the brim for civilian mode). My kids would love these – as would their friends!
- Superkid, by Inner Child Crochet – simple and cute cape for your littlest heroes!
- Batman Egg Cozy, by Cosy a Go Go – this talented designer surely loves her egg cozies! She’s got patterns for Daleks (eggsterminate?), Batman and the Joker, even a couple Star Wars characters. Whether your eggs are chilly or not, these little cozies are super cute!
- Avengers Finger Puppets, by CrochetBot 3000 – she’s got Iron Man, The Hulk, and Captain America, all rendered in stunning detail. Amazing!
- Masquerade Mask, by Priscilla’s Crochet – scroll down to the Halloween section to find the link to the free pdf for this pattern. Billed as a Masquerade Mask, this quick crochet pattern is endlessly customizable, perfect for everyday dress-up and even kid’s goodie bags (hmmmm…).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, by atsuko – these “Heroes in a half shell” are still popular, at least with my kids. And these amigurumi TMNTs are the cutest!
Child’s Fireman Hat, by Carla Croissant – because we can’t forget the real heroes. And I think they’re pretty super. (And heck, even Batman is all about the tools.)
Do you have any superhero crazy kids around, or are you the big Marvel or DC fan in your house? Have you made any super-yarny creations?
Be sure to check out and like the moogly facebook page to get all the latest updates, fun links, sneak peeks, and more!