It’s time for the monthly designer showcase! Once a month have one of my favorite designers share a bit about themselves, and then I follow it up by sharing my 5 favorite free patterns that they’ve designed! This month I’m honored to have Kara Gunza, blogger, designer, and award winning photographer at Petals to Picots!
Hello Moogly readers! I am so excited to be here today to tell you a little bit about me. If you haven’t “met” me before, my name is Kara and I blog over at Petals to Picots (http://www.petalstopicots.com). My mission for my blog is to celebrate and share my love of crochet and other fiber arts. It is filled with helpful information, tutorials, and inspiration and boasts over 75 free crochet patterns (and counting!). In addition to being a crochet blogger, I am also a crochet designer and instructor at my local yarn store. But of course my most important job is being a wife and hard working mommy to 3 awesome … and energetic … children.
I first learned to crochet from my grandmother when I was 9 years old and was instantly “hooked”! Now over 30 years later, I can’t help but think that she would smile to see me passing on that knowledge and passion with others.
So don’t be a stranger … I hope you come by Petals to Picots to take a look around and find some hooky inspiration of your own! Thank you so much, Tamara, for having me here today!
5 Free Crochet Patterns from Petals to Picots
- Owl Apple Cozy: This is the cutest apple cozy I’ve ever seen! Too good to eat!
- Mini Easter Eggs: One of the most perfect uses for Lion Brand Bon Bons I’ve ever seen!
- Tunisian Tie: Best looking crocheted tie ever! And a great way to give Tunisian a try!
- Felted Hook/Pencil Case: I hate to admit it, but I’ve never felted anything – this case makes me want to though! I adore the detailing!
- Teardrop Wire Earrings: I love the look of wire crochet, and I love teardrop shaped earrings – and I’d love if she sent me a pair! Heck, I might have to make my own!
Many thanks to Kara for being featured in the third Moogly Designer Showcase! I hope you’ve enjoyed learning more about Kara and Petals to Picots – Kara is an endless source of inspiration for me. I can only hope to take the kind of pictures she does someday! She’s a wonderful person and I’m glad I’ve gotten to know her a bit better today!