Can you believe how close the holidays are already?! Time to give thanks for quick projects! Crafting for the men in our lives can be tough, and investing the time and money to make a sweater isn’t always realistic. So today I’ve gathered together 10 free patterns that make great crochet gifts for men – and depending on the yarn you use, they can all by made with just one skein!
One Skein Crochet Gifts for Men
- Men’s Crochet Hat Pattern on JJ Crochet’s Blog: (90-100 yds) This quick beanie is dressed up with a ribbed style brim, great for guy who prefer their style simple.
- Basic Crochet Ribbed Hat by Rebekah Thompson: (50-200 yds) For all the fishermen, seafarers, or their land-lubbing counterparts. A true classic!
- Visor Beanie by Suzanne Steiger: (80-110 yds) I’ve been seeing this style of cap everywhere lately! Very trendy, great for younger guys especially.
- Yorkshire Cowl on Lion Brand: (81 yds) One skein of Hometown USA and you’ve got a great unisex cowl – something that’s very winter 2012 indeed. The big bold stitches make it a great gift that’s done in an evening.
- Joseph’s Scarf by Cheryl Wilson: (200-250 yds) A simple scarf done in just a few rows – easy peasy!
- Men’s Crocheted Fingerless Gloves on My Recycled Bags: (200-210 yds) Designed for extra large hands, these gloves are great on their own and as a match for the Men’s Crochet Hat Pattern above.
- Men’s Mitts on a String by Carol Ballard: (250 yds) No more lost mittens! Easy to adjust for size too.
- Mock Weave French Press Cozy by Erica Jackofsky: (30 yds) Isn’t this gorgeous! Keep that special fresh brewed French press of coffee toasty warm – the coffee aficionados on your list are sure to love it.
- Easy Listening Ear Bud Covers from moogly: (30 yds) Ok, so it’s a moogly pattern. But it’s also a great idea for any music loving men in your life! Worried they’ll get it dirty? Try nylon or jelly yarn!
- Tapestry Dice Bags by Jessie McKitrick: (44-87 yds) For all the gamers! A great first tapestry crochet project if you haven’t tried it already.
Looking for even more ideas? Be sure to check out the Father’s Day Crochet Gift List I put together earlier this year – the theme is different, but the gifts are still great, and most are still one skein projects! And don’t forget about all the great crochet slippers patterns for men from last week.
Crochet gifts for men don’t have to be a cause for stress! What are you making for the guys in your life this holiday season? Share your pattern ideas in the comments!