It’s the very last day of 2012, and for moogly it has been a very, very good year! So it’s time to celebrate! And if your New Year’s resolutions include more crocheting, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 10 free patterns to crochet for a Happy New Year!
- New Year’s Eve Fascinator Hat by Pam Grennes, on Crochet Parfait: The fascinator has really come into it’s own the past few years, and here’s one that includes crochet. Make one this afternoon for that party tonight and all eyes will be on you!
- Champagne Cork Pop, on Cecinatrix: This fun little bottle of champagne would make a great applique or pin. I love the little curls of bubbly, and that cork is just perfect! This written pattern includes a chart.
- Cheers! BYOB Wine/Spirits Bottle Gift Tote by Susan BulavinetzRavelry: Speaking of champagne, if you’re headed out tonight to a friend’s house, don’t forget to bring a gift. A bottle of wine or champagne is a practically foolproof choice, and this carrier will make sure your gift is extra special. Leftover holiday sparkle yarn would be a great choice here!
- New Year’s Eve Square by Sherry Welch, on Heartmade Blessings: If one of your resolutions this year is to make a block afghan, this square is a great one to start with! I’ve made it myself, and it took only an hour or two.
- The Ultimate Crochet CowlAnnaboo’s House Blog: If you plan on ringing in the New Year from Time’s Square, or any other outdoor location, you’ll want to stay warm and look good. This cowl, made with a 15mm hook, is fast enough to make to wear tonight! If you don’t have super chunky yarn on hand, try it with a couple of medium weight yarns held doubled.
- Snake Puppet by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2013 is going to be the Year of the Snake. And though the Chinese new year doesn’t officially begin for another couple of months, this fun puppet is a great way to include the kids in the celebration today!
- Party Hats by Tara MurrayEasy Makes Me Happy: How cute are these? Great for the kids for sure, but I can imagine a few of you “grown ups” wearing them out tonight too!
- Silver Dollar Skinny Scarf by Jennifer Dickerson, on Fiber Flux: This subtly sparkly little scarf is a great accessory for wearing out tonight. It’ll add just a little bit of warmth and the elegant style looks great on everybody.
- Om shanti yoga mat bag by Anna & Heidi Pickles, on Pickles: Probably the most popular New Year’s resolution is to start working out and get in shape. And yoga is a perennial favorite as well! This fun granny stripe bag might make your workout just a little more fun.
- Chevron Crochet Yoga Bag by Hanri Shaw, on Yoga Hound: This bag is a great if you want to pack more than just a mat when you go to work out – and looks great even when you’re not going to the gym. Granny Stripes versus Chevrons… it’s a tough choice!
So goodbye 2012, hello 2013! I hope you all have a great night celebrating however you like, and that you have an amazing new year ahead of you! I also hope one of more of these free crochet patterns inspired you. What are your New Year’s craft resolutions? Share them in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected].