The 2015 Moogly Afghan Crochet Along is coming along swimmingly, and in each new square post I’ve included a link to alternative squares, in case you didn’t care for the latest pick. But that list has become a bit outdated… so it’s time for a new one! Here are 10 free crochet afghan square patterns – use them as alternatives in the CAL, or just plain use them to make something pretty!
At the time of posting, all of these are listed as free – but the designers can change their minds! So if you see something you love, download, print, or crochet it now! There are several newer designers on here – I’m so excited to be sharing their designs for the first time!
10 Free Crochet Afghan Square Patterns – all 12″ Blocks
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Tip Toe Through the Tulips by Silverdragon Crafts & Critters, on Ravelry: A gorgeous center and fun corner detailing!
- Wishful Thinking by Polly Plum, on Ravelry: I love this designer’s pattern – I couldn’t pick a favorite! Love the color work here.
- Crochet Fan Club by Polly Plum, on Ravelry: And this one is a perfect pairing to with so many other squares!
- Fan Dance 12″ Afghan Block by Polly Plum, on Ravelry: And this one is just gorgeous!
- Spiro Star by Helen Shrimpton, on Ravelry: This one includes several different finishing options. Looks fab in lots of colors, or just 2!
- Lotus Pavilions by Helen Shrimpton, on Ravelry: Lots of eye catching details here!
- Ladder-Loops Block by Kimberlie Goodnough, on Ravelry: This one brings back the loops we had in the first CAL square for 2015!
- Fire In The Meadow 12 Inch by Cyberspnr, on Ravelry: It really does look like a circle of fire! So cool… er, hot!
- Third Wheel 12″ Afghan Block Square by Margaret MacInnis, on Ravelry: Margaret always creates gorgeous squares, full of great details! This one is pretty tricky, but if you’re up for a challenge, it’s a great one!
- Romantique Afghan Block by Joyce Lewis, on Ravelry: Gorgeous in a solid color, but don’t miss all the colorful ones others have made too! NOTE!! This one is only free until the end of May 2015! Grab it for free now, or buy it later – either way it’s lovely!
So much gorgeousness! As you can imagine, many of these designers have lots of other lovely crochet afghan blocks and patterns as well, so while you’re there, be sure to check out all their great designs! Thanks so much for reading! Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr, and sign up for the FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!