The nautical look is back in style, though it’s so classic most would say it never left! Clean lines, bright blues, and graphic shapes typify this look, and crochet fits right in. Sophisticated and uncluttered, I can’t get enough! Let’s take a look at some fantastic free patterns that exemplify nautical crochet!
10 Free Nautical Crochet Patterns
- Nautical Top by Patons: Can you believe this is a free pattern? Made in DK weight yarn, and offered in sizes XS to XL.
- Beside the Sea by Mary Thomson, a Ravelry download: A wavy stitch pattern and small accents make this blanket ready for a seaside picnic!
- Starfish Dishcloths by Mary Ann FritsCoats & Clark Website: This is the updated version of a vintage pattern – a great classic look for your kitchen or bath!
- White Waves Coasters or Doilies by Jennifer Scott, on Gizmo Fiber Arts: A few of these on the coffee table will add just the right nautical crochet touch!
- Sea Breeze Top by Lion Brand Yarn: A flattering empire waist and sizes Small to 2X make this top a perfect fit.
Sea Penniesby Julia Crossland, on Julia Crossland: Join as you go, but lots of ends to weave in. And worth it for this gorgeous pattern! Since each “penny” is added as you go, you can make this any size or shape you please. UPDATE: The site seems to be missing/broken, but you can see an archived version here.
- Sea Breeze Skirt by DROPS Design: So lovely! Sized up to a XXXL and embellished with Mother of Pearl buttons, it’s just perfect for the nautical look.
- Navy Onesie by Maru Minetto, a Ravelry download: This striped yoke pattern is perfect for girls and boys alike! Offered in both English and Spanish.
- Sailboat Dishcloth by Lily / Sugar’n Cream: Can’t get much more nautical than this free dishcloth pattern!
- Anchor Applique by Claire Martin from Horizontal Designs: Add a nautical touch to any project with this applique!
Almost any pattern, with the right color and lines, can fit a nautical themed room, or give your outfit a bit of nautical flare. The Tasty Little Chevron Bag fits the bill here too! It’s a very pretty and preppy look – fresh faced, bold, and ready for warm breezes! What do you think?
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]