The holiday season has two great pleasures for me – crafting and baking. And crochet gingerbread is a great combo of the two! This iconic cookie has inspired dozens of tasty crafts, and here are my 12 favorite free crochet gingerbread patterns!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.
A Dozen Free Crochet Gingerbread Patterns
- Crochet Gingerbread Man Hat by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: So cute, and it includes sizes Newborn to Adult!
- Crocheted Gingerbread Man Cookie Pattern by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: Another great pattern from Sarah – love the detailing on these!
Ho Ho Celebrations Gingerbread House by Loops & Threads™ Design Team, on Michaels, via web archive: Decor that won’t rot away (and is a lot easier for some of us to make look good)!Unfortunately, this pattern is no longer available. Please CLICK HERE for a great alternative!
- Gingerbread Baby Set by Tammy Hildebrand, on Yarnspirations: You’re already nibbling baby’s toes, now you can make the rest of him look as tasty!
- Gingerbread Man by K4TT, in Fiber Doodles: Sweet and smilie and ready for cuddles!
- Amigurumi Gingerbread Person by Lion Brand Yarn: Ready for hanging on the tree!
- Amigurumi Gingerbread House by Lion Brand Yarn: That little person needs a place to sleep!
- Little Gingerbread Boy and Girl by Elizabeth Ann White, on BellaCrochet (Blogspot): Made with thread and a tiny hook, these are the perfect appliques for your Christmas sweater or stocking!
- B’s Gingerbread Man Hat and Cocoon by Crafting ForChrist Designs, on Ravelry: So sweet, perfect for traveling to grandma’s house via sleigh!
- Child’s Gingerbread Boy Scarf by Debra Yorston, on Dly’s Hooks and Yarns: Run as fast as you can to get this great free crochet pattern!
- Happy Gingerbread Baby by Teresa Alvarez, on Ravelry: Adorable!
- Gingerbread House by Roseanne Kropp, on Free-Crochet.com: Intense! This one will be an heirloom for sure!
They’re all so tasty – with none of those pesky holiday calories to worry about! I hope you’ve found something here to help get the holiday crochet juices flowing – whether it’s a simple present topper or ornament or a complex and detailed house to pass down to the grandkids, there is lots to love in these 12 free crochet gingerbread patterns.
Which one is your favorite? Is there one I missed that you think should’ve made the list? Add your thoughts in the comments!