Time to bare arms! Lightweight tops, tanks, shells, and wispy layers are what’s needed now – or at least they will be soon. Expanding your summer wardrobe with signature crochet pieces is a fun way to show off your talents. In this roundup I’ve gathered 15 free patterns for crochet summer tops, with sizes from XS to 5X represented – something for just about everybody!
15 Free Patterns for Crochet Summer Tops for Women
- Light Layers Tank by Patons (XS/S, M, L, XL, 2/3XL, 4/5XL): Spiderweb patterns and mesh make a great tank!
- Sea Breeze Top by Lion Brand Yarn (S, M, L, 1X, 2X): This empire waist top is flattering to many, and solid stitches make it a stand alone layer!
- Casual Summer Top by Diane Moyer, on Caron (S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X): Loose, cropped and breezy!
- Floral Cami by Lisa Gonzalez, a Ravelry download (S, M, L): Perfect over a colored tank!
- Lighthearted Tunic by Erika and Monika Simmons, on Red Heart (One Size 25″w x 25″l): This is so cute! I love this look over a tee and jeans.
- Airy Lace Shell by Lion Brand Yarn (XS, S, M, L, 1X, 2X): Lovely dressed up or down!
- Yasmin by DROPS design (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL): A solid top, a lacy bottom, and feminine frills!
- Diamond Shell by Lesley Arnold-Hopkins, a Ravelry Download (28-52in chest): A simple shape that mixes and matches beautifully!
- Oceanside Dolman-Sleeve Top by FlexibleFashions (custom sizing): Great coverage with a perfect fit!
- Cap-Sleeve Top by Mary Jane Hall, from Crochet That Fits (XS – 3X): No increases or decreases in this ingenious pattern!
- Crochet Bronze Beauty Top by Doris Chan, on Lion Brand (Finished chest: 33″, 36″, 39″, 42″, 45″): This oversized lace top is super cute with both short and long sleeves!
- Black Openwork Summer Top by Elaine Phillips, on ABC Knitting Patterns (M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X): I love the vintage feel of this modern top!
- Lace-Inspired Crocheted Top by Valerie Kurita, on Better Homes and Gardens (S, M, L): Close-fitting at the bodice and looser at the waist, this is an intermediate level pattern!
- Ladies Crochet Top by Schachenmayr (One size): A lacy, loose fit with peek-a-boo shoulders!
- Baby Doll Top by Erika and Monika Simmons, on Red Heart (To fit bust: 32, 36, 40”): Fun and flirty for summer nights out!
How are you set for summer wardrobe options? Add a few crochet pieces is a great way to personalize your choices and dress up the usual tees and tanks. Have you made any crochet summer tops? Share your favorite pattern links in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]