Time to bare arms! Lightweight tops, tanks, shells, and wispy layers are what’s needed now – or at least they will be soon. Expanding your summer wardrobe with signature crochet pieces is a fun way to show off your talents. In this roundup I’ve gathered 15 free patterns for crochet summer tops, with sizes from XS to 5X represented – something for just about everybody!
15 Free Patterns for Crochet Summer Tops for Women
- Light Layers Tank by Patons (XS/S, M, L, XL, 2/3XL, 4/5XL): Spiderweb patterns and mesh make a great tank!
- Sea Breeze Top by Lion Brand Yarn (S, M, L, 1X, 2X): This empire waist top is flattering to many, and solid stitches make it a stand alone layer!
- Casual Summer Top by Diane Moyer, on Caron (S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X): Loose, cropped and breezy!
- Floral Cami by Lisa Gonzalez, a Ravelry download (S, M, L): Perfect over a colored tank!
- Lighthearted Tunic by Erika and Monika Simmons, on Red Heart (One Size 25″w x 25″l): This is so cute! I love this look over a tee and jeans.
- Airy Lace Shell by Lion Brand Yarn (XS, S, M, L, 1X, 2X): Lovely dressed up or down!
- Yasmin by DROPS design (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL): A solid top, a lacy bottom, and feminine frills!
- Diamond Shell by Lesley Arnold-Hopkins, a Ravelry Download (28-52in chest): A simple shape that mixes and matches beautifully!
- Oceanside Dolman-Sleeve Top by FlexibleFashions (custom sizing): Great coverage with a perfect fit!
- Cap-Sleeve Top by Mary Jane Hall, from Crochet That Fits (XS – 3X): No increases or decreases in this ingenious pattern!
- Crochet Bronze Beauty Top by Doris Chan, on Lion Brand (Finished chest: 33″, 36″, 39″, 42″, 45″): This oversized lace top is super cute with both short and long sleeves!
- Black Openwork Summer Top by Elaine Phillips, on ABC Knitting Patterns (M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X): I love the vintage feel of this modern top!
- Lace-Inspired Crocheted Top by Valerie Kurita, on Better Homes and Gardens (S, M, L): Close-fitting at the bodice and looser at the waist, this is an intermediate level pattern!
- Ladies Crochet Top by Schachenmayr (One size): A lacy, loose fit with peek-a-boo shoulders!
- Baby Doll Top by Erika and Monika Simmons, on Red Heart (To fit bust: 32, 36, 40”): Fun and flirty for summer nights out!
How are you set for summer wardrobe options? Add a few crochet pieces is a great way to personalize your choices and dress up the usual tees and tanks. Have you made any crochet summer tops? Share your favorite pattern links in the comments!