A while ago I rounded up a list of great shrugs for women – which prompted a request for crochet shrugs for little girls! These little vests and boleros are a great layer for weather that’s just a little cool, and a sweet addition to any outfit. Not only that, but in these sizes they’re quick projects to make! Here are 10 free crochet shrug patterns for girls that will make any crafter and her little girl proud.
10 Free Crochet Shrugs for Girls
- Girls Bolero Shrug by Danelle Ortega, a Ravelry download: Sizes Child to Adult, youtube tutorial video included!
- Tilda by DROPS design: Available in 5 sizes and 13 languages!
- Girls’ Simple Openwork Shrug by Virginia Boundy, in Yarning with a Hook: I’ve made this one myself – it’s a fantastic beginner pattern! My daughter wore it for years!
- Dots and Dashes Bolero / Shrug by Cindy Coleman, on A Little Loopy, but I’m Hooked: This tutorial walks you through making this crochet shrug in any size!
- Girls Cotton Summer Shrug by Danelle Ortega, a Ravelry download: Offered in sizes 3 to 5, be sure to check out the Ravelry gallery for inspiration!
- Granny Squares Bolero by Ooty Yaacobi, on Ooty: Make six quick granny squares and join them according to this plan – instant shrug! So clever!
- Just A Shrug by Julie Ridley, on Crochet Me Some of That World Peace: This one is for the littlest girlies! Sized for 9-12 months, though it should be easy for an experienced crocheter to upsize.
- Net Stitch Bolero by Pierrot: This crochet shrug pattern is offered in both English and Japanese, but really it’s charted – the universal language of crochet! If you’re familiar with charts, this one is a great choice. So pretty!
- Chaleco Circular by Mi rincón de mariposas: Currently available in Spanish, she’s looking for English testers! Here’s a great opportunity if you’re ready for a challenge!
- Dress, Capelet and Bolero for a Little Fashion Queen by Svetlana M., on Knits4Kids: Did I say challenge? This one is definitely one for more advanced crocheters! But the result is gorgeous!
Do you have a little girl you like to crochet for? It’s so fun to make them little things that put a big smile on their faces! Even my 11 year old still gets a kick out of the things I make her… I wonder if she needs a bigger shrug?
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglystore.com.