Unique baby mobiles can take a nursery from ordinary to something special. And mobiles don’t have to stay in the nursery! Whether it’s traditional or very modern, mobile patterns are fun to crochet and give. And they can be made to fit any theme. So here are 10 free patterns for crochet mobiles!
10 Free Crochet Mobile Patterns
- Undersea Mobile on Lion Brand Free Patterns: This easy pattern keeps that calm, aquatic feeling – without the aquarium upkeep!
- Dragonfly Mobile by Emily Forrest, a Ravelry download: Dragonflies are some of the most beautiful insects with their bright colors – perfect for an eye-catching mobile!
- Crochet Baby Birdie Mobile by Michele Wilcox on Coats and Clark: Make them in any colors you like and stimulate baby’s brain!
- Flying Hearts Mobile by Linda Cyr, on Red Heart: I know some little girls who’d love this far past babyhood!
- Hearts Around the Globe by Rachael Batliner, on Red Heart: I love this pattern so much – and the little birdie at the top too!
- Baby’s Crib Mobile on Yarnspirations: You have to register with the site (for free!) to see the pattern, but these sweet little butterflies and flowers might be worth it!
- Lorenz Manifold by Dr. Hinke Osinga and Professor Bernd Krauskopf, via Ravelry: (Not currently available) This pattern requires a few tools that might be new to crocheter – like pliers and a wire cutter! But this mathematical marvel makes a wonderfully modern baby mobile. In black and white it’s perfect for newborns!
- Rainbow Mobile by Sally V. George, on The Hook & Yarn Shop: This vintage crochet pattern stands the test of time – and will be lovely in all the colors of the rainbow!
- Thunderstorm Mobile by Abigail Forrest, a Ravelry download: Not a rainbow fan? This mobile features a dramatic yet friendly little bit of thunder and lightning. Might help comfort a little one frightened of storms to know this happy set is literally in his corner!
- Happy Happy Joy Joy Wall Hanging by Sara, on Ball Hank n’ Skein: Super simple, and super cheery! Sure to brighten any room of the home!
Crochet mobiles aren’t just for babies – I have a mobile that I was gifted hanging in my own room. And my older kids have some they love too. They’re calming, decorative, and a lovely bright touch in dark corners. I hope this roundup of mobile crochet patterns has inspired you! If you don’t see one here to fit the theme you have in mind, get creative! Find small amigurumi or applique patterns that you like and hang those – and make something to treasure forever.
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]