Crochet Ear Warmers are winter’s answer to the headband. Part winter wear, part fashion accessory, they’re a great way to stay toasty and look good doing it! There are crochet ear warmer patterns for men, women, and children – here are 10 of the best free patterns I’ve found!
10 Free Patterns for Crochet Ear Warmers
- Forever Tiffani by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: Adult size – I love the look of this brand new pattern! Be sure to check out the linked tutorial – such a clever way to wear it!
- Granny Stripe Headband/Ear Warmer by Sara Freisberg, on Tangled Happy: Ages 6-12 – Another great way to use the granny square!
- Basic Ear Warmer by Bella Feagins, on CreateBellaCreate: Adult man size as written, but includes instructions for custom sizing – Great look for guys, and a smart technique for getting a finished look.
- Textured Crochet Headband by Dana Jordan, on Cotton Gin Studios: Adult – I like the shape of this headband, and I really like the stitch used: foundation slip stitch! I need to play with this, and this headband is a great way to start.
- Crochet Ribbon Headband on A Crafty House: Baby to Child – What’s brilliant here is that this isn’t a pattern with different sizes, it’s an ear warmer that is size adjustable, using the ribbon! Make one for your little and it’ll fit her for years.
- Crochet Earwarmer~with flower! by Carrissa Knox, on Penelope Rae: THIS PATTERN IS NO LONGER FREE, BUT IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON RAVELRY Teen/Adult – Big and bold, this ear warmer is super thick to keep you warm. And it looks fab!
- Bobble Head by Natalie Thouret Brock on Crochet Me: Teen/Adult – This pattern is a bit bigger than your average ear warmer – great for keeping you cozy when you’ve got too much hair for a hat! The great stitch pattern is sure to hold your interest – and you know I love bobbles.
- Knotted Headband by Stephanie Jessica Lau, All About Ami: Adult – This photo tutorial makes this a super easy pattern to make – and they’ll make you look internationally stylish!
- Bobble Baby Ear Warmer by Kim Morrow, on Little Rays of Sunshine: THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ONLINE, PATTERN UNAVAILABLE Toddler/Custom – I mentioned I loved bobbles, right? But they’re also super practical, holding lots of warm air and keeping the little one’s ears cozy. And looking great all the while!
- Tunisian Knit Headband by Amy Depew, on The Laughing Willow: Adult/Custom Fit – I’ve been wanting to take another stab at Tunisian Crochet, and this seems like a great first project! Simple enough for those with Tunisian experience, I’m sure!
BONUS #11: Now there’s an ear warmer pattern here at Moogly! The All Grown Up Ear Warmer!
So if you’re looking to stay warm and stylish without getting hat head, maybe crochet ear warmers are in your future! They’re quick, great stash busters, so you can make one to match every outfit. Have you made crochet ear warmers before? What’s your favorite ear warmer or winter headband pattern? Share it in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraK[email protected]