Plan ahead and you can save money on yarn online and in person – something we’re all interested in these days. Here, for your frugal pleasure, are the coupons and sales available this weekend, to help you save money on yarn (and hooks, and needles, and all your other hobbies)!
- Michaels – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got coupons for 40% off any one regularly priced item this week, and 20% off my entire purchase. Via the email newsletter, I received coupons for a variety of craft products, but alas, no yarn. Starbella Ruffle Yarn, Lily Sugar’n Cream, Homespun, Vanna’s Choice, Caron Simply Soft, Sashay, Flaunt, Bernat Alpaca, several of the Loops and Threads yarns, and all Knit for the Cure yarns are on sale this week. Michaels has a mobile app with coupons as well, so be sure to download that if you can!
- Jo-Ann Fabrics – I got a new flyer from Jo-Ann yesterday, with a 40% off coupon, and two 50% off coupons. Next week is also Moonlight Madness – for a $35 purchase you get a coupon for 30% off your next purchase. There are usually more flyers inside the front door of the store, so always check the basket on your way in. Sales going on now include Sensations Rainbow, Lily Sugar’n Cream, Deorah Norville Collection, Caron Simply Soft, Red Heart Boutique Yarns, and 25% off all Lion Brand yarns. On the website there is free shipping for orders over $50 with coupon code FSF287, and 50% off any regularly priced item online with coupon code EDF287. Via email I received another code for 50% off one item online, with code MEK286. So be sure to sign up for the emails, their mailing list and get the app for even more deals.
- Hobby Lobby – I Love This Cotton, Yarnology Knit and Crochet Tools and Notions, and Artiste Cotton Floss and Craft Thread Packs are on sale this week, and they have the usual printable coupon for 40% off any regularly priced item. There’s an iPhone app that includes the same 40% off coupon and ad info, and also has a feature that lets you check gift card balances. You can now get the same savings on your non-Apple smart phones by visiting m.hobbylobby.com and showing the cashier the coupon on your phone.
- Herrschners – Here’s the best current choice I know of for international shipping! Sales this week include 12 varieties of crochet thread (including Aunt Lydia’s Bamboo), and every variety of Red Heart yarns and baby yarns I’ve ever heard of – and then some! Everything from Super Saver to the Boutiques. Get on their email list for notifications of when they update their sales.
- ACMoore – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got coupons for 50% and 40% off one regularly priced item. Red Heart Super Saver, Red Heart Soft, Lily Sugar’n Cream, Bernat Worsted and Chunky, and Lion Brand Homespun, Amazing, Tweed Stripes and Silky Twist are all on sale.
Where you like to shop for yarn online? What are your best tips and tricks to save money on yarn? Do you find these coupon roundups helpful? Please share in the comments!