Amigurumi are knitted and crocheted small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures – and they’re a whole lot of fun! I’ve made amigurumi, but I’ve never written down the patterns. So complex! But some designers are just that talented, and here are 10 free amigurumi patterns that are sure to impress! And they’re a mix of knit and crochet – something for everybody!
10 Free Amigurumi Patterns
- Fierce Little Dragon by Lucy Ravenscar, a Ravelry download (Crochet)
- The Deadliest Crab by Amber AllisonKnitty, Summer 2009 (Knit)
- Magic Cinderella by Irene Kiss, a Ravelry download (Crochet)
- Milk and Cookie by Raynor Gellatly, on Knitted Toy Box (Knit)
- Snake by Stephanie Jessica Lau, on All About Ami (Crochet)
- Tarragon the Gentle Dragon by Knit-a- Zoo, a Ravelry download (Knit)
- Dalek Amigurumi by Lucy Ravenscar, a Ravelry download (Crochet)
- Teacupfaery Octopus by Jane Conway, on teacupfaery (Knit)
- My Free Hobbes Pattern by Ann Stiver-Balla, on sukigirl74’s blog (Crochet)
- Mushroom in a bottle by A la Sascha, on sascha-lovetoknit (Crochet)
Aren’t they amazing?! Crochet and knitting really are art. It’s amazing what can be done with so few stitches! I know which one’s my favorite? What about you? Have you made amigurumi before? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and now Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at mooglystore at gmail.com.