Crochet dresses can be fun and flirty, or prim and proper – and fun at any age! More and more patterns for these beautiful creations are coming out, and it’s so exciting looking though them all! It’s going to be tough to narrow it down, so I’ve decided to focus on dresses that can be worn as dresses (though they may require a slip), in a wide variety of styles. No swimsuit cover-ups, for those go here. And for this roundup, grownups only – for crochet dresses for girls, stay tuned! So without further ado, here are my top 10 free crochet dress patterns for women!
10 Free Crochet Dress Patterns for Women
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
Caron Openwork Dress by Doris Chan, on Michaels: Bust 32 (36, 38, 40)” – Doris Chan’s designs are a classic!This pattern is no longer available. But I found something super cute to replace it! Check out the Summer Dress by Eleanor Burke, on Ravelry! Absolutely gorgeous!
- Summer A-Line Dress by Esther Lunie, on A Craft A Day Keeps Boredom Away: Small – Simple, but not many sizes. Experienced crocheters can upsize though!
- Chanel style dress by Lelu, on club.osinka.ru: Custom (and advanced!) – This pattern is not for the faint of heart!
- Nightfall by Paula L. F. Bennett, on Talking Crochet Newsletter: Bust: 28-30 (30-32, 34-36, 38-40)” – This one is super wearable, and I love the “cut.”
- Little Black Dress (W116) by Cascade Yarns: Sizes 8-10, 12, 14, 16-18 – Sexy lady!
- Campanula by DROPS design: S – M – L – XL – XXL – XXXL – Demure as can be, but cute too!
- Style No. 3202 by Bernhard Ulmann, on A Rarer Borealis: Sizes 10, 12, 14 – Vintage and awesome, I love this! This crochet dress pattern is very Bond.
- Ina by Berroco Design Team: Bust – 32(34-36-38)” – Combining crochet and fabric is a great look!
- Organdy Ribbon Dress by McCall Pattern Company, on Hook, Yarn, and Needles: Sizes 12-18 – Another vintage choice, so retro chic!
- Summer dress by Valentina Fontanarosa, on Tasty knit blog: small, medium – Fun stitch patterns and very wearable over a slip I think!
Have you made yourself a yarny dress before? Which crochet dress pattern is your favorite? I love them all!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.